Announcing the NAWLA 2019 Laser Ablation Image Contest
The NAWLA Scientific Committee and iolite Software are pleased to announce the Laser Ablation Image Contest as part of NAWLA 2019. You are invited to submit images that you have created using laser ablation for your chance to win a $1000 cash prize! Competition entries will be judged on aesthetic appearance and scientific interest by popular vote and a panel of judges.
To enter, just make sure you’ve registered for NAWLA 2019, read the terms and conditions below, and then send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions of Entry:
- To enter you must be registered to attend NAWLA 2019.
- The judging panel is comprised of the NAWLA scientific and organising committees and Bence Paul (iolite Software). The judging panel’s decision is final.
- Entries must be received by 11:59pm Thursday May 23, 2019.
- Entries should be emailed to NAWLAImageContest@iolite-software.com. Please include a high-resolution image (less than 5 MB), and a short description of the image (less than 300 words) describing what the image shows and how the image was collected and processed. Images should not be digitally altered beyond normal data processing, i.e. typical baseline subtraction, and calibration techniques, with minimal filtering of the image (any digital manipulation should be detailed in the description of the image). Only entries sent to the email address above will be considered. Please do not mail entries, or send entries to the organising or scientific committee directly.
- Each contestant may enter a maximum of two images. An entry may consist of multiple element maps, arranged into a single image.
- Please ensure that your email entry includes all your contact details (name, organisation, address, contact phone), along with your image and description.
- The prize is a $1000US. There will be a presentation during the workshop, and the prize money will be transferred after the workshop. The winner may also be notified by email.
- Copyright of the images entered must be held by the person entering the competition. The entrant retains copyright of their images. By entering the competition, you are giving permission for your image to be included free of charge (with full attribution via your image description) on the iolite-software blog at http://iolite-software.com/blog. Your image may be printed and displayed (with full attribution via your image description) during the NAWLA workshop. Any other use of the images entered will only be with written permission of the entrant.
- By entering the competition, you agree to the terms and conditions outlined above.
If you have any questions about the competition, please email us at email@example.com.