- Fixed a bug in the MinMapping code. The code can now handle square ‘spots’.
- Fixed a bug in the image creating procedure which was truncating selection start and end points to give incorrect images.
- X_U_Pb_Geochron4 DRS: Added ability to assign the channels to use during UPb analysis where data headers don’t have the right mass number (e.g. apparent masses due to zoom settings in NP2).
- Added fix to avoid issues with long channel names from iCap TQ data.
- Added changes to allow the reading of spot size dimension from log file when using a slit.
- Changed imported channel names to ‘Element + Mass’ when the information is available in the data files.
- Fix to make the downhole fit window responsive in PC.
- Small fix to the Agilent importer.
- Fix export file error on Mac.
- Fixed bug causing issues with certain MachineType names.
- Improved compatibility of Agilent QQQ files (mass shifted mode) with UPb Geochron DRS.
- Fixed the UPb DRS progress bar.
- Changes to the iolite-universal importer to allow importing files that were previously opened and saved using MSExcel.
- Fixed the X_Trace_Elements_IS DRS to allow processing of FIN2 data in medium resolution.
- Fixed bug where low IS values were rounded in the Output Table.
- Changes in PT code to allow PT users to reprocess their TE data from the DRS tab
- Small change to include the extension in the exported data files (natural frequency) for PC users.
- Fix to update TotalBeam wave after mass spec sync
- Fixed the 3D image export in Image by Selections module
- Small bug fix in the Agilent importer
- Improved the compatibility with operating systems in languages other than English.
- Windows: Added the option to resize the Automatic Selections from beam window.
- Fixed the name of the channels imported from Agilent files acquired in reaction mode.
- Added the functionality to import settings for channels (e.g. channel to view, trace colour, scale, etc) from a csv file. More information here.
- Updated the User’s Manual
- Changed the orientation of the image set when pressing the ‘reset perspective’ button of the 3D image control panel (Image from Selections). Now it matches the initial orientation and the orientation from the images in the Image maps window.
- Windows: Fixed incorrect size for the Data Table > Filter Options and export windows.
- Added the functionality to return the sum of all values in a channel. Visit this post for more information.
User Interface (UI)
- The iolite UI has been redesigned to decrease the graphic flickering occurring during navigation on PC. This new design will provide a better user experience when using iolite 3, especially for Windows users.
Data Reduction Schemes
- Added the Beta_TE_Norm DRS which allows the use of element or oxide percentages for normalisation. Please see this post for more information about this DRS.
- Updated the NP importer to allow user to reference mass/ID collector arrangement in a DRS. Visit this post (item 3) for an example on how to use this functionality in a DRS.
- Fixed the ‘Check for Updates’ code to work when custom DRS’ are present in the Data Reduction Schemes folder.
- New “Inspect Selections” panel available from the time resolved tabs (Baselines, Samples and Reference Materials). This panels allow easy browsing through selections using the up and down arrow keys or by clicking on the up and down symbols next to the ‘Current Selection’ box.
- The CellSpace interface has been updated. The CellSpace image now keeps the true aspect ratio of the imported mapped image.
- A ‘hide legend’ checkbox has been added to CellSpace to provide the option to show/hide the colour scale plotted on the compositional maps.
Data Reduction Schemes
- Further improvements to the UPb_CommonApproach DRS. This DRS is still on a beta stage. For that reason we ask that you hold off publishing any values you calculate using it, and simply use it as a tester for the time being.
- Trace Elements and X_Trace_Elements_IS: The LOD options are listed and the list is displayed to the user in the form of a drop-down menu.
- PE .rep file importer: Added support for multi-sample Perkin Elmer .rep file.
- Updated the NPII importer to import file names as sample names when description field in the .csv file is empty.
- Updated the Agilent importer to avoid issues when importing large amount of data acquired in a single .csv file.
- You can now re-run the template from the start after any ‘pause to modify’ step.
- This version includes a permanent fix to the ‘missing font’ issue caused after an upgrade to the latest MacOS.
- Fixed a bug caused by long wave names in X_U_Pb_Geochron4 DRS.
- Fixed bug where the LOD were not exported if the imported Element XR channel names contained the “_MR” suffix (medium resolution data) .
- Small bug fix to avoid errors related to missing waves when loading log files that have no SpotAngle data.
- Fixed a bug in the Agilent importer that caused import errors when using iolite on Windows machines.
- Fixed the wave assignments issues that printed a Warning on the Igor Pro’s Command Window.
- Fixed bug in the X_U_Pb_Geochron4 DRS where intermediate and output 204 ratio channels were not calculated.
- Processing templates: make templates for commonly repeated data processing steps in iolite to save time and make your data reduction process more reproducible
- Brand new, in-depth 73 page manual for iolite. The pdf is included in the download.
- Linked selections: avoid inclusions etc, but still get the right stats!
- Autosave feature: iolite now autosaves a copy of your experiment so that you can recover any lost work. Configure it to your liking.
iolite User Interface (UI)
- Lots of improvements to the user interface on PC. Now looks and works almost exactly like the Mac version.
- List of Selection Groups in Reference Materials can now handle more than 400 characters for those with lots and lots of standards
- New iolite menu: makes it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- You can now select the spline-type before automatically adding selections: saves a lot of time when you add a large number of baseline or standard selections (>100). The long calculation time when spline-type was left as “Automatic” appeared to some users as if iolite had crashed.
- No more multiple popups about too few standard selections to propagate errors.
- Can now use the mouse scroll wheel over the scale widget in the time-series tabs (i.e. the Baselines, Reference Materials and Samples tabs)
- iolite now offers the options of using Empirical Cumulative Distribution Function (ECDF) colour-scaling for CellSpace images!
Data Reduction Schemes
- Trace_Elements and Trace_Elements_IS now both use elemental wt% units for the default internal standard concentration
- UPb Geochron 4 DRS now uses a 238U/235U ratio of 137.818 and a new “no correction” option has been added to the downhole curve models. The downhole average result is now calculated ~20x faster.
- Trace_Elements_IS and UPb geochronology DRS are now both built-in
- Limits of Detection: can now select “normal” or “Howell” methods for calculating the LOD. (See Longerich et al. (1996) for “normal” calculation, and Howell et al. (2013) for “howell” calculation)
- Fixed a typo in the Hf ratio of Z_91500 standard file
- Added importer for PE Optima OES files (still in beta version)
- Added new Perkin Elmer .rep file importer (alpha version)
- Improved AttoM file importer to better handle older files types (< v1.3)
- Long list of fixes for the X-Series importer
- Nu Plasma II .csv importer: now handles older file formats, and correctly reads fractional seconds in timestamp
- Nu Plasma .run file importer: fixed shortcut errors and better handling of skipped columns.
- Varian/Bruker importer: now works with Unicode files and fixed minor error where error dialog may appear
- Fixed major crashing bug that may occur where one selection has much smaller/larger uncertainties during spline calculation. This value is now replaced with a dummy value just for the spline calculation. The actual (reported) uncertainty is not changed.
- Fixed minor error that may occur when registering iolite activation keys
- Fixed bug where imported file names may be overwritten when restarting the user interface.
- Fixed issue where text may be left on the screen after switching tabs
- Fixed “Couldn’t find Spline Type” bug that may occur when creating automatic selections when a timeseries tab was not open.
- Fixed bug where file/folder preference in Import Tab was not remembered.