Installation and Registration
You will need an internet connection to install iolite. If you don’t have a working internet connection for the computer you wish to install iolite on, please contact us at email@example.com. You will also need full administrator rights for installation.
To start the installation process, please go to the Wavemetrics site and download the demo version of Igor Pro 6.37 and complete the installation following the installer’s instructions. The demo is a fully functional version of Igor Pro that can be unlocked by entering the license details provided after purchasing iolite. NOTE: Currently, Iolite is not compatible with the new version of Igor Pro, version 7. You can download the previous Igor version from here.
To install iolite_v3:
- Download the zip file from the Free Trial download page and save the file to the ‘Igor Pro User Files’ folder found in Documents/Wavemetrics/Igor Pro User files/
- Extract the iolite_v3 folder.
- IMPORTANT: There is a file called EasyHTTP_xxx.xop (one for PC and one for Mac) within the iolite_v3 folder. Please move this file into the Igor Extensions folder found in Documents/Wavemetrics/Igor Pro User files/Igor Extensions
- Once this file is in place, run Igor Pro.
- Once Igor has opened, go to File -> Open Experiment. . . and select the file called “Run me to install this version.pxp” which should now be in the iolite_v3 folder within Documents/Wavemetrics/Igor Pro User files/. This .pxp file will link iolite to Igor Pro and then close Igor Pro. You should now have a full installation of iolite.
- When you restart Igor Pro, you should be prompted to start a trial. Please start the trial. This will give you full access to all the functionality of the iolite application for 14 days.
To register iolite:
- Go to the Iolite Menu and select “About iolite | Register iolite“.
- Enter your details along with the Iolite licence key, which should have been sent to you via email after purchasing an iolite license
- If you were using a previous trial version and this has now expired, you will have to uninstall that version of iolite before installing any upgrade. For more information on how to do this click here.
- Some Mac users have reported issues with the EasyHTTP extension not working, getting the following error message: “easyHTTP_MAC Error. Can’t load the executable file in the XOP package”. To fix this, just rename the easyHTTP_MAC.xop file to easyHTTP.xop.