Home Forums Installation and registration Uninstalling Iolite3 to move to a new computer

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LStockli 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

LStockli
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to install Iolite3 on a new computer, but I already have it on an older desktop and my laptop. I would like to uninstall it from my old desktop. I tried deleting all the Iolite files, but I’m not sure that did the trick. When I enter my license key on the new computer, I get the message:

‘There was an error registering your license key. Maximum number of validations exceeded for Serial Number X’

I could not find directions to uninstall it on the Iolite website.

thank you,
    Lisa Stockli

University of Texas at Austin

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Hi Lisa,

I have added the information on how to deregister iolite to our FAQ page. Here is the link: http://iolite-software.com/faqs/#DeregisterLicense

Cheers,
    Tephy

LStockli
    Participant

Hello Tephy,

Sorry, but deleting all Iolite files from my computer did not work. That was the first thing I tried. I deleted Iolite completely from the Wavemetrics folder, and removed the Application (I’m using a Mac). I emptied the Trash and restarted my computer. When I search for ‘Iolite’ I do not find any files at all. I’m quite sure they have all been deleted.

When I try to register Iolite3 on my new desktop, I get the message ‘There was an error registering your license key. Maximum number of validations exceeded for Serial Number X’. Currently I have Iolite installed only on my laptop.

best,
    Lisa

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.