Home Forums Iolite User Forum U-Pb Common DRS webinar followup

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr Tephy Marillo-Sialer 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Sarah Widlansky
    Participant

Hello all,

I am a new Iolite user and had some follow up questions regarding the new U-Pb Common DRS after viewing the webinar.

1) The mixing line used for the downhole fractionation correction is generated from the 207Pb/206Pb reference material, correct? This line does not come from any of the unknown samples or the primary standard?

2) When you are viewing the Tera-Wasserburg diagram in the new DRS window, does each “cluster” of colored points represent one laser spot? In other words, when you hover between different groups, are you looking at individual spots over time, or are different spots from the same sample being grouped together? Is there a way to know which analysis is which or look at them individually in this window?

3) Is there a way to export these Tera-Wasserburg diagrams as images?

4) When I open the results window I get an error message saying that my results would be out of date until re-running the DRS even after I’ve already re-run it. Is this something that can be ignored?

Thank you for any feedback and for the helpful webinar.

Sarah

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

1. No, only the values for the reference material (primary standard) are plotted in this graph.
    2. Each analysis of the reference standard is plotted as individual datapoints on either a standard or inverse (Tera-Wasserburg) concordia plot. It is the horizontal offset of these individual datapoints from the reference line (or value) that represents the degree of downhole fractionation. In order to best allow the user to interrogate individual analyses and to understand the relationship between the bottom-right and top-left plots, hovering over data in a plot highlights the relevant analysis and labels all datapoints of that analysis with a unified colour scale.
    3. Unfortunately, no. We might add this functionality in a later version.
    4. That message usually shows when one or more selections, or any DRS parameters, have been modified. If you keep seeing this message even right after crunching check you baselines and RM selections as there might be an issue with any of the splines.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.