Home Forums Troubleshooting Trouble with VisualAge

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr Tephy Marillo-Sialer 5 days, 11 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Barry Shaulis
    Participant

Hi, I am getting the following error with VisualAge. I have it installed, but once I try to use the DRS I get the following:
    I am getting an error when I try to use the visual age DRS in Iolite.

The error (line 1632 in the .ipf file): Smooth/M=(abs(FitOutlierTolerance*(ThisWave[p]+ThisWave[p+1]+ThisWave[p-1])/3))/R=(NaN) 9, ThisWave //aiming at only removing spikes. set here at 1.5 times the average value for this portion of the wave (9 point range centered on this point)

Igor explanation which I cant make heads or tails of:

P or X used outside of a wave assignment loop
    In Igor Pro 6.3 and later, code of the form:
    wave[index]= <expression using p or x>
    in a user-defined function generates a compile error. For example, this generates a compile error:
    Function func()
    Wave wave0, wave1
    Variable index = 33
    wave0[index]= wave1[p] // error is here
    End
    Prior to Igor7, this error was generated only if rtGlobals=3 was in effect. In Igor7 and later, it is always generated.
    To fix the error, change the wave assignment code to this:
    wave0[index]= wave1[index]

My set-up is Iolite v.3.63 and Igor 7.0.6.1 32-bit (Not sure if VizualAge works with Igor 7 or if I need to go back to 6.37)

Thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Hi Barry,

We haven’t tested VizualAge with the latest Igor Pro and iolite versions, so I’m not really sure if it works with Igor Pro 7.

We do, however, have a fix for the error you are seeing. To incorporate the fix just open the VisualAgeDRS.ipf, then find this line of code:

Smooth/M=(abs(FitOutlierTolerance*(ThisWave[p]+ThisWave[p+1]+ThisWave[p-1])/3))/R=(NaN) 9, ThisWave

and replace it with:

Variable WindowPoints = 3
    Variable OutlierRatioToMedian = 1.5
    Duplicate/O ThisWave, $ioliteDFpath(“temp”,”ThisWaveMedian”)
    Wave ThisWaveMedian = $ioliteDFpath(“temp”,”ThisWaveMedian”)
    Smooth/M=0 WindowPoints, ThisWaveMedian
    ThisWave = (abs(ThisWave[p]-ThisWaveMedian[p]) >= outlierRatioToMedian*ThisWaveMedian[p]) ? NaN : ThisWave[p]

Then go to File>Save Procedure to save the changes made to the VisualAgeDRS.ipf procedure file.

Tephy

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.