Home Forums Troubleshooting Problems after update to Iolite 3.32

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dr Bence Paul 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hello,
    First of all, I apologize for the length of the message, but I have tried to make it shorter by adding some examples and screenshots in attachments and I’m not able to do in this forum. Sorry.

After 1 year using Iolite 3.0, yesterday I updated to 3.32 (in two steps, first to 3.1 and then to 3.32) and now I have several troubles to run Iolite. I’ll try to describe all the problems that I have seen:

• In the startup sequence of Iolite I see the first error: “easyHttp_MacError: Can’t load the executable file in the XOP package”. The file “easyHttp.xop” is in his place, I can see it, but it doesn’t work. I don’t know what this error implies, what can I do? I have tried by changing the file’s extension, but this increases the number of errors…

• When I try to import data files from a XSeries I get a message about the timestamp. I know that my timestamp is “dd/mm/yyy hh:xx:ss”, but the Iolite 3.32 doesn’t recognize this format. I have tried with all proposed formats but I can’t import data files. The error message is “The XSeries importer failed to resolve a date or time for the timestamp “” using the date format “dd/mm/yyyy hh:xx:ss”. Please try again with a different format”. What am I making wrong?

• I also have problems opening old experiments. I can open some experiments but, at least in those that use DRS “Trace_Elements_IS” and “U_Pb_Geocrhonology3”, I obtain a lot of error messages.
    In experiments with “Trace_Elements_IS” DRS the error is: “Error in Trace_Elements_IS_ipf:OpenControlPanel Function OpenTEcontrolpanel() //Creates a panel so that the user can open certain functions without having to use the menus (which can’t include if statements)”
    In old experiments with U_Pb_Geochronology3 the error message is: ” Error in DRS Support Functions.ipf:GenerateUPbInputsList Function/T GenerateUPbInputsList(ListOfIntermediateChannels)
    After these errors I can’t do anything, because the program says that I need to compile the procedure windows, but I don’t know how do it.

I am trying to run Iolite 3.32 in a Mac with OS X 10.6.8 installed and IgorPro 6.37.
    I think I did something very wrong, but I am blocked and I don’t know what can I do. Any idea will be welcomed!!
    Thanks in advance!
    Sonia

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dr Bence Paul
    Keymaster

Hi Sonia,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

In the startup sequence of Iolite I see the first error: “easyHttp_MacError: Can’t load the executable file in the XOP package”. The file “easyHttp.xop” is in his place, I can see it, but it doesn’t work. I don’t know what this error implies, what can I do? I have tried by changing the file’s extension, but this increases the number of errors…

Very sorry about this error: it is due to the file name of the xop file. You just need to cut off the “_mac” part of the filename and it should all the EasyHTTP errors. This seems to only be a problem on some Macs.

I also have problems opening old experiments. I can open some experiments but, at least in those that use DRS “Trace_Elements_IS” and “U_Pb_Geocrhonology3”, I obtain a lot of error messages.

This error is because Trace_Elements_IS and U_Pb_Geocrhonology3 are not compatible with v3.32. They have been replaced with X_Trace_Elements_IS and X_U_Pb_Geocrhonology3 (which can be run from within Processing Templates). This error is easy to fix: just delete Trace_Elements_IS.ipf and U_Pb_Geocrhonology3.ipf from within your Data Reduction Schemes subfolder within your iolite v3.32 folder. And then you can just use X_Trace_Elements_IS and X_U_Pb_Geocrhonology3 in their place.

If you have any other problems, please feel free to post again!

Best regards,
    Bence

Hi Bence,
    thank you very much for your answer, this has allowed us to fix two of the problems but still I can’t import data from the XSeries; in addition, it seems that I have created a new trouble !!

Iolite doesn’t recognize the Timestamp of my data created in XSeries. In the .CSV file I can see the data like: “14/12/2015 8:44:03”, but If I try with “dd/mm/yyyy hh:xx:ss” I get this error message: “The XSeries importer failed to resolve a date or time for the timestamp “” using the date format “dd/mm/yyyy hh:xx:ss”. Please try again with a different format.”
    I have try with all the formats proposed, but I always obtain the same error message or, in some cases, a different one: “The X Series importer couldn’t resolve the MONTHS in the date format string ” “. Import aborted.”

Trying to see if the problems were related to the old Mac I was using, I have installed Iolite in a new computer, I registered the License and, in order to reinstall in the old computer, I deregistered in the new one. Unfortunately, now I am not able to register Iolite in any of these two computer!! When I try to do it I obtain this error message: “There was an error registering your license key. The server responded: 602 Maximum (or below 0) number of validations exceeded for Serial Number…”

I assume that I have done something wrong, but I can’t find it … and now I am using a trial license …
    Any help will be greatly welcomed.
    With best regards,

Jeffrey Marsh
    Participant

Hello,

I have experienced the same problem as Sonia (i.e. receiving error messages about U_Pb_Geochron_3 when loading an old experiment after updating to Iolite 3.32), but do not understand the remedy as described.

1) U_Pb_Geochron_3 does not come in the DRS folder with the 3.32 update (there is a X_U_Pb_Geochron_4), so it cannot simply be deleted to bypass the problem. I tried copying the U_Pb_Geochron_3 file from my V.3 folder to the V.3.32 DRS folder to see if I could at least switch DRSs after loading the experiment, but just get a different set of error messages and failure compiling/loading.

2) With no U_Pb_Geochron_3 file in the DRS folder (as it currently comes), it is not possible to just bypass it when you load an existing experiment and use a new DRS. Iolite essentially stops compiling and the program is not functional.

Sonia seems to have overcome the issue, but I am not able to see how this was done.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Jeffrey Marsh
    Participant

Hi All,
    Ignore previous post on this topic. The problem is resolved by deleting the U_Pb_Geochron_3 from the v.3 DRS folder (as opposed to the v.3.32 DRS folder). Then can skip the path and use new DRS.

Hello,

(Nu AttoM user)

Not sure if this is related to the above problems (I tried using the fixes above but it has not helped).
    I am trying to use the U-Pb Geochron DRS but get a “Function Compilation Error” stating that the “name already exists as a function”
    “Error in X_U_Pb_Geochron4.ipf:GenerateUPbInputList”

Function/T General(UPbInputsList(ListOfIntermediateChannels)

This essentially crashes Iolite and no longer functions in IgorPro as a result (have to restart Igor).

Also, I am trying to run the add-in VizualAge_UcomPbine which seems to have installed correctly, but gets the same error when trying to run U-Pb GeochronDRS. Interestingly regular VizualAge works.

Thanks,
    Chris

David Young
    Participant

Hi folks

I have a different set of error messages!
    Updated to Iolite 3.32 (migrated a few templates, standards, etc). Older experiments done on Iolite 2 open ok (after resetting path to new DRS folder, etc).

Newer experiments done on earlier version of Iolite 3, now cough up various error windows (in addition to the same function error as Chris above, but in DRS support):

expected comma
    Error in Trace_Elements.ipf:RunActiveDRS
    LimitsOfDetection(IntegShortName, IndexContentInSample)
    or
    name already exists as a function
    Error in DRS Support Function.ipf:GenerateUPbInputsList
    Function/T GenerateUPbInputsList(ListOfIntermediateChannels)

These are split stream expts with UPb data (NuP) synced with REE (mostly Agilent I think).

Thanks y’all
    Dave

Dr Bence Paul
    Keymaster

Hi all,

These issues stem from new versions of the Trace_Elements_IS and U-Pb DRS. Some of the funtions that were in the DRS were moved into the main body of iolite.

The fix for this is to use only the “X_” versions of these DRS. They are built to be compatible with the latest version and can be used with Processing Templates.

If for some reason you have accidentally overwritten these files, you can just download the iolite package again, unzip it and copy across the correct files.

If you have one of the old “Trace_Elements_IS.ipf” or “U_Pb_Geochronology3.ipf” files in your Data Reduction Schemes folders, you need to quit Igor Pro, and delete these files. This should remove the errors reported above.

Please feel free to post again if this doesn’t solve the issue.

Best regards,
    Bence

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.