Home Forums Trace Elements DRS LOD on Semiquantitative standarization

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr Tephy Marillo-Sialer 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Manuel Roman
    Participant

Dear all,

I’ve just trying to get LODs for som analyses where I don’t have an IS value, so, the semiquantitative approach is perfect for me. In the iolite user manual there is a good description for how iolite calculates LOD but only for the Internal Standardization Method. Where could I found some explanation about how iolite calculates LOD in case I use the semiquantitative method on Trace Elements DRS. And also, if possible, get also explanation about how exactly the Traces Element DRS calculates the semiquantitative approach concentrations…

Thanks a lot

Regards

Manuel J. Román – Instituto Andaluz de Ciencias de la Tierra – Granada / Spain

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Hi all,

This question was answered off forum by Joe. Here is the answer in case someone else needs this info:

The semi-quantitative LODs use the semi-quantitative sensitivity, i.e., the count rate produced by X in the reference material / the concentration of X in the reference material. Otherwise, the equations are the same.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.