Home Forums Iolite User Forum Laser log file error

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dr Tephy Marillo-Sialer 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

louise
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to use a laser log file for automatic integrations. When I select the log file I receive an error “could not find changes in laser state. Please check the laser state column of the log file. Import aborted”

There is a laser state column in the csv file with “on” or “off” values.

This is my first attempt at using a laser log file so I am not certain of the file requirements.

I am using Chromium 2.2 to export the laser log file. Running Iolite 2.5 on Igor Pro 6.3.7.2.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Hi Louise,

It’s hard to say what the problem is without looking at the data. Could please send us the data files (mass spec data and log file) to support@iolite-software.com?

Tephy

Thanks for sending your files.

I imported your data and tested the log file and I didn’t have any issues. Unfortunately, that means that the issue is that your old iolite version doesn’t support the file format. Solutions to your issue include:
    – upgrade to the lates iolite version (v3.6)
    – use the ‘Detect from beam intensity’ option instead of a log file to define your selections.

Tephy

louise
    Participant

Excellent. Thanks for letting me know.
    -Louise

Maria Prokopenko
    Participant

Hi,
    we are having an identical problem getting the error “could not find changes in laser state. Please check the laser state column of the log file. Import aborted”
    we are running Iolite 6.32 on Igor 6.37, which should be a newer (up-to-date version).
    Tephy, is it ok to send you our files as well? Maybe we are having a different issue than old software.

Thank you very much in advance,
    Maria

Hi Maria,

Yes, please do send your files to support@iolite-software.com

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.