Home Forums Imaging Create Image from Spots

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr Tephy Marillo-Sialer 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Barry Shaulis
    Participant

Hi,

I am having some issues with making an image using the Create Image from Spots.

First off the image is rotated 90 degrees clockwise which isn’t a big deal,was just confusing at first.

Second, it seems that when the images is rendered to create the image, the spots are in the wrong order, instead of say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 the order is 5, 1, 2, 3, 4. I am not sure what I am missing or what I am doing incorrectly.

Also, a separate issue is when I load data from a snake pattern, the spots area also rendered in the wrong order for the image, for example

For the image the order should be:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    5, 4, 3, 2, 1
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5

But is rendered:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5

So the images pattern is off.

Heres my set-up: iCapQ, NWR 193 Laser, Iolite v. 3.4, Igor 6.3.7.2, Qterra v. 2.7.2425.65, Windows 7 Pro SP 1 32-Bit.

Thanks,

Barry

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Hi Barry,

I’m not really sure why the spots are appearing in the wrong order. Would you mind sending us an example data set to support@iolite-software.com so we can have a look?

Re. the ‘snake’ pattern, unfortunately the Image from Spots module only supports the raster pattern. This because this module doesn’t use the information from the laser log file and thus cannot correlate the spot data with its location within the ablation cell. Image from Spots arrange the spots by time order taking into account the info provided about row and layer numbers.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.